Educational Programme Co-ordinator
(25 hours per week- £13,000 per annum)
3 years contract
Exciting new vacancy in Smethwick –
A 3 year initiative designed to improve the lives of disadvantaged young Bangladeshi/Pakistani and BME children living in Smethwick. We are looking for an exceptional candidate, who has real passion and skill for working with underprivileged young people through educational programmes.
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Hold a teaching based qualification or have a proven track record and experience of working with and managing activities for children and young people within a disadvantaged community setting;
- Experience of organising sports, arts based educational and recreational activities for young people within a community setting;
- Experience of recruiting and supporting adult volunteers with an awareness of health and safety requirements in place to protect vulnerable children and young people;
- Ability to speak in both English and Bengali;
- Have the personal skills necessary to work with and supervise young people/under-achievers/disaffected youth;
- Have the ability to communicate, motivate and act calmly under pressure;
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS certificate (formerly CRB) check.
You may download a copy of the application form, job description and Personal Specification from our website www.bicentre.org.uk alternatively, email us at email@example.com or call for an application pack on 0121 558 8204.
Closing date for applications: 4.30pm Thursday 17th December 2015
This post is funded by BBC Children In Need.